Caspian MebelExpo is a unique, specialised exhibition for the furniture industry of the Caucasus and Caspian regions. Every year, the event demonstrates a huge variety of products and offers available on the market, communicating the vital information about the latest trends and developments of the furniture industry in the region, and therefore promoting development and investment of Azerbaijan’s furniture sector.
AZERBAIJAN’S ECONOMIC STATISTICS
Based on data from the State Statistical Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijan has a population of 8.6 million people
- Azerbaijan has an intensively developing economy
- In 2009, economic growth in Azerbaijan was 9%
- GDP increased by 8.7% and amounted to 43.25 billion dollars, or 4874.1 dollars per head of the population
- In 2009, 9198.3 million dollars was invested in Azerbaijan’s economic and social sphere
- In 2009, foreign trade turnover, with 138 countries, amounted to 20818.2 million dollars. Exports amounted to 14698.5 million dollars, while imports totalled 6119.7 million dollars.
- In 2009, the volume of construction work carried out in Azerbaijan totalled 3948.9 million dollars. Of which, 2704 million dollars (68.5 percent) was spent on reconstruction and expansion work; 762.5 million (19.3 percent) on major repairs; 165.5 million (4.2 percent) on routine repairs; and 316.9 million (8 percent) on other construction work.
BENEFITS OF EXHIBITING AT THE CASPIAN MEBELEXPO EXHIBITION
- Sharing of experiences and implementation of joint projects
- Analysing the potential growth opportunities of the national and regional furniture market
- Effective brand promotion
- Attracting target customers to your products
- Favourable atmosphere for business meetings and establishment of partnerships
Expand your sales market.
The rapid growth of the building industry in recent years has promoted the development of the country’s furniture market. The development of the construction sector (in the past 2 years, over 4 million square meters of living space has been developed) has resulted in increased demand for furniture production, which is fully satisfied both by local production and importing. Italy, Turkey, Russia, China, Malaysia, Ukraine, Poland, Romania, U.A.E. and Iran are the main furniture suppliers to Azerbaijan. The demand for components, accessories and furniture production equipment is met by importing. The main exporters are:
- Upholstery materials – Turkey and Russia
- Accessories – Poland, Turkey, Russia, Germany, Ukraine, Italy and China
- Raw materials for furniture production – Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Turkey
- Carpentry equipment and tools – Germany, Bulgaria, Turkey and Italy
Find new partners and consumers. The furniture market has increased sufficiently recently, maintaining its strong positions in Azerbaijan’s economy. There are now more than 500 large furniture stores in Baku and other regions of Azerbaijan, where locally produced and imported furniture is presented. Local furniture production is mainly based on kitchen, office, living and nursery furniture. Azerbaijan exports its locally produced products mainly to Georgia, Iran, Kazakhstan and Russia. The participation of leading furniture companies at Caspian Mebel Expo gives consumers an opportunity to obtain detailed information about the latest trends and developments of the furniture industry on the market.
Support your company’s brand. Participation in the exhibition will provide an opportunity to present your company and products, and demonstrate the latest achievements in the field of interior design.
Who Will Visit?
Over 10,000 specialist trade visitors from Azerbaijan, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Italy, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Germany, Iran and other countries attend the show year after year.
- Directors and general managers of furniture factories and showrooms
- Representatives from the government bodies, ministries and embassies
- Managers of supply departments, banks, and business and shopping centres
- Representatives of hotels, restaurants, sports and tourist centres
- Public visitors
- Direct distribution of 30,000 invitations to the professional database
- Distribution of invitation tickets through popular magazines and newspapers
- Advertising campaign in the media - over 5,000 advertisements
- Information about the exhibition on internet sites and portals
- Pre-show press conference
- Outdoor advertisements
- Living and upholstered furniture
- Furniture for offices, banks, public institutions and shopping centres
- Bathroom furniture
- Kitchen furniture
- Fitted furniture
- Exclusive furniture
INTERIOR AND DESIGN
- Wall-coverings, photo products and tapestries
- Carpets and flooring
- Lighting, mirrors and glassware
FURNITURE PRODUCTION AND CARPENTRY
- Equipment and tools
- Upholstery fabrics
- Finishing materials
- Fittings components and systems
- Lacquers, paints and glues
- Blinds, curtains and shutters
- Mattresses and bedding
- Decorative fabrics
- Home textiles
Brochure_CaspianMebelExpo2010.pdf (3951.21 KB)